Located 20 minutes from Alicante, Meliá Villaitana was designed to simulate a Mediterranean village. It is located between two golf courses designed by Nicklaus Design and has fantastic views of the Gran Bahía on the Costa Blanca. Its 25 individual buildings and unique architectural style reproduce the region’s picturesque squares and historical streets. Meliá Villaitana is the perfect choice for business or leisure travellers thanks to its extensive and comfortable facilities and superb services.
Meliá Villaitana, a unique hotel on the Costa Blanca
- Unforgettable vacations with the family and friends
- Spectacular lagoon-pool and fantastic artificial beach with palm trees and pretty gardens
- Fine dining with superb Mediterranean and international cuisine
- Extensive entertainment programme for adults and children during the day and evening
- Magnificent fully equipped guest rooms with terrace
- YHI SPA with 13 treatment rooms, thermal pools, gym and relaxation area
- Leading hotel for weddings on the Costa Blanca. Ideal for receptions, honeymoons and celebrations
- Convention Centre measuring 6,000 m2 with 17 meeting rooms and capacity for up to 1,200 people
Golf – Meliá Villaitana
Villaitana Golf and its two golf courses are located in a privileged tourist destination on the Levante coast.
A special microclimate makes it the perfect place for golfers to combine a round of golf with spectacular natural surroundings.
The use of Bermuda Princess (Cynodon Dactilon) grass on the tees, fairways and rough of both courses guarantees excellent conditions for any level of play.
The greens use agrostis estolonífera (variety providence) grass which gives them excellent playing quality and superb performance even just after perforation.
Villaitana Golf has two golf courses. TheAmerican styled Campo de Golf de Levante par 72 has wide fairways, exquisitely designed greens and is over 6,576 metres long, offering stunning views of the Mediterranean Sea and the Finestrat mountains.
The Campo de Golf de Poniente par 62 is 3,858 metres long and is located on the slopes of a pretty pine-wooded valley and also offers views of the sea and the mountains. Designed for different par 3s and par 4s, this is the shorter of the two courses (taking approximately 3 and a half hours) but thrills and excitement are also guaranteed as the course requires a greater short iron dominance and is very demanding for players with a lower handicap although all its holes offer alternatives for players with higher handicaps.
Golf Club Services
- Practise area 300m long with natural grass and more than 30 teeing positions
- Two putting greens
- Two practise bunkers
- Approach area
- Restaurant – capacity indoors for 60 people – outdoor terrace for 100 people – Mediterranean cuisine
- Changing rooms – Showers for men and women
- Club locker
- 80 buggies with GPS
- Trolleys and electric trolleys
- Club hire: 8 right-handed man– 1 left-handed man, 1 right-handed ladies
- Free WiFi in the Club House